Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: SA refund delay - account doesn't show payment request

This is helpful, thank you. Annoyingly it is almost impossible to get through the automated phone system to speak to them, but I'll give it a crack!
  • SA refund delay - account doesn't show payment request

I completed my Self Assessment on 14th May and my account shows as in credit. I completed the refund request form in mid May and heard nothing, the payment wasn't showing as pending or requested on my account and I received no email confirmation of the request. After a good few weeks I wondered if I had screwed up the form so I re-entered the details on 24th June (I realise that you shouldn't do this, but I expected my account to at least show that I had requested a refund and I lost my nerve). 8 weeks later (and about 12 weeks after I initially filled out the request) I still don't have my refund and I still can't see anything on my account to show I requested a payment. The amount I am due still shows as credit. I realise there may be security checks, however the form checker says I should have had a response by now. My partner has the same issue with roughly the same dates. How long are people really waiting at the moment? Does everyone have nothing showing on their account when they have requested a refund but it is yet to be paid? Generally I think HMRC's digital service is pretty decent but this is frustrating.