Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Adjusted net income / child benefit charge

Hi, Thanks for replying. I have attempted to amend the 2020/21 self assesment I sumited ~18moths ago but I canot. It keeps coming up with this error 3. Tailor your return Tailor error Warning You cannot remove a section from within '3. Tailor your return'. Please use the 'Delete' link from within the section you wish to remove. The 'Delete' link can be found in the bottom right hand corner of the page. Go to Check your progress to access the relevant section. I cannot find the delete link either, all I can find is the "CANCEL AMENDMENT". tHIS IS REALLY FRUSTARTING. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • RE: Adjusted net income / child benefit charge

Hi, I need some help please. I received a strongly worded letter from HMRC in the post a few years ago indicating i needed to review my income and payback HICBC. I filled in the self-assessment form and have paid ~£6000 back to HMRC over the last few years including interest etc. I recently received another left to do a self-assessment for 2021/22 fiscal year, however something this time pushed me into reading more and found out about the ANI (adjusted net Income). On applying this, I calculated that i did not actually need to pay the HICBC. I have unfortunately on previous self assesments indicated i earned over £50k, without calculating the ANI. How to i go about recouping the ~£6000 I’ve paid to HMRC. I have 3 children (1- born 2015 & twins - 2018)