Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Letting Agent Fees

My letting agent took the tenants payments direct into their account, deducted their fees and then passed the balance to me on a monthly basis. My question is : On my tax return do I show the total income received by the Agent less their expenses? I.e. the total amount before deductions? Or do I just show the amount I received AFTER the Agent took their cut? I apologise if this seems a daft Q.
  • RE: Property allowance

Thank you. I’ve had this property 3 years now and the expenses I’ve incurred each year are around £2k. I’ve claimed for these expenses in my self assesments . So I understand that I can’t claim the property allowance ? can I suggest that this is made more clear in the guidance as I could not find the answer in anything that I read.
  • Property allowance

I believe I can claim £1000 property allowance against the rent I receive from my single rental property. I have only recently discovered this. The gross rental income is £12000 p.a. Is this allowance applied automatically? I cant see it referenced anywhere on my self assessment account on the gov. Website