Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Class 3 Pension Payments

Dear Sir/Madam, I worked for BBC prorior to leaving Britain for good for Poland in 2003. Since then I have been working and living in Poland only, coming for short 1 week holidays to Britain. I just filled in online the CF83 form and am waiting for a reply. I have decided to pay voluntary contributions for the 17 years I am allowed to do so. The deliberations on the complicated rules (class 3 or class 2) may take many months. How can I ensure I will not miss the deadline in April 2025? I was told that when the form is submitted (mine on 23.04.2024), I will be allowed to pay the voluntary contributions even after the above mentioned deadline? I wish I could just get a short answer plus the account number to pay into, even if it means paying more for some/all years. Otherwise I am so worried the income I am counting upon in my retirement (it comes on 18.02.2025) may be restricted jut because there was a debate how much I pay. If I am entitled to pay (the Gateway confirms it!), please let me pay before the deadline. This would be logical. Please explain if I need worry about the deadline or not. Marek