Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Tax on saving interest & Insurance annual dividend

Hi, Other than the about queries, may I know if my parents have registered the Government Gateway account, will they automatically receive the UTR No for self assessment from HMRC ? should they contact your office to get the form to submit tax return? Thanks
  • RE: Capital Loss on disposal HK Property

Hi, Noted that loss can be carried forward indefinitely, might I know the time bar 1. up to the next time when I first have capital gain? or 2. up to the loss fully offset by all capital gain? Thank you.
  • RE: Capital Loss on disposal HK Property

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Just another question want to reconfirm, the capital loss will be ascertained in Jul 2024, I can carry forward the loss to offset any capital gain within the coming 4 years, latest year end 2028-2029. Am I correct or just upto Jul 2028? Best Regards
  • Capital Loss on disposal HK Property

Hi, I am BNO Visa holder, migrated to the UK in Sep 2022. Due to deterioration in HK property market, I took more than 1.5 years to sell my HK family home, sales completion date will be July 2024, I will suffer a loss of GDP 235,000 (estimated), Please advise if I need to file the self assessment for Capital loss in 2024/2025? When Should I need to file? Which part of CGT form should I fill in and should I provide any documents to HMRC to prove my loss? How can I set off the loss? Might I offset my gain on disposal of share or personal income tax in future? Thanks for assistance.
  • Tax on saving interest & Insurance annual dividend

Hi, My parents are retired persons with BNO Visa, no working except 1. saving interest incomes from HK & UK and 2.Insurance annual dividend from HK My father My Mother Saving interest earned 16040 10360 Insurance annual dividend 1540 Do they need to file self assessment? Which part of SA1 needs them to fill in as the interest incomes include UK & HK interest, should they seperately report the interest? Can they get the UTR No if they register the Government Gateway account? Thanks a lots