Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• How do I submit a zero VAT return?

A few years ago, I was selling on Amazon in the UK, but I haven't had any sales for over two years, and I have no inventory on Amazon. For the past two years, I've been submitting zero sales returns through a paid service from a third-party tax agent. Now, my contract with the third-party tax agent has expired, and I haven't renewed it. I initially wanted to deregister my VAT, but after spending two months, I still haven't succeeded. They don't offer online deregistration. I filled out the VAT7 form two months ago and sent it by registered mail, but I haven't received any feedback. I called them and was kept waiting for almost 20 minutes, but the issue wasn't resolved (I made an international call). I also sent emails, but no one replied. By the way, I managed to deregister my VAT in Germany just by sending an email to their tax office. So I've changed my mind and want to submit a zero return instead. Since I have no sales, it should be straightforward. I retrieved my HMRC account from the tax agent. I logged into HMRC Online Services and saw that my next submission date is October 7, 2024, but I can't find where to submit the return. Can anyone guide me on how to proceed with submitting the return myself?
  • RE: How to Cancel My VAT Online

Thank you for your response. I will look for another solution.
  • RE: How to Cancel My VAT Online

Or could provide me with an email address? I couldn't find any email addresses on the website, only phone numbers. I'm abroad, and it's inconvenient for me to make a phone call.
  • How to Cancel My VAT Online

I have not conducted any trade transactions in the UK for the past two years, and I need to cancel my company's VAT registration in the UK. I logged into my account and navigated to the "Your VAT account - Manage your VAT account - GOV.UK" page. I then clicked the "Cancel VAT registration (opens in a new tab)" link at the bottom and cliked the "Start Now" under "Cancel online." However, after clicking, the page redirected back to "Your VAT account - Manage your VAT account - GOV.UK." I am unable to mail the VAT cancellation form because I am not in the UK. Could anyone please advise me on how to cancel my VAT registration online?