Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self Assessment / P85

I have just got to the final page of P85 where it asks if I would like to claim repayment now. What is the guidance if I will very soon be completing Self Assessment for relevant tax year. Claim via P85 or Self Assessment? Also will this be aligned with the double taxation Spain agreement i.e what is refunded I then declare for tax in Spain?
  • RE: P85: Income from property

Thank you again for the assistance. I have just got to the final page of P85 where it asks if I would like to claim repayment now. What is the guidance if I will very soon be completing Self Assessment for relevant tax year. Claim via P85 or Self Assessment? Also will this be aligned with the double taxation Spain agreement i.e what is refunded I then declare for tax in Spain?
  • RE: P85: Income from property

Thank you for the quick response. One additional question is relating to the date of leaving. Is this the date I left & gained residency or the date when my UK employment ended, and Spanish employment started?
  • P85: Income from property

Hi, A question relating to expected rent for the tax year after leaving UK on P85 form. If I own the property with my wife, do I enter half of the expected annual rental income on my P85? As the income is jointly received. Thank you for the guidance.