Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to claim self-employed business expenses

    Thank you for the reply, but I was wanting to know if my self-employed losses could be set against my employed income rather than carry it forward to the next financial year?
  • How to claim self-employed business expenses

    Hi, I am employed and self-employed and employed. I was asked to complete a personal tax return which I have done, but I can not find anywhere to claim back my business expenses as I have made no income from my self-employment and can't see anywhere on HMRC where I can complete a business tax return.
  • Employed and Self-Employed Assessment

    Hi, I am trying to complete my first personal self assessment as I am employed and self-employed. I am completing my personal self assessment and am getting the message Our records show that your 2022 to 2023 PAYE Notice of Coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid. Amount of estimated underpaid tax for 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023 to be included in your PAYE tax code for 6 April 2023 to 5 April 2024 (from your PAYE Notice of Coding): £ 0.00 Is this figure correct? I have not been issued with a PAYE notice of coding so don't know if the figure is correct or not, how can I get a copy of the notice, I cannot see it on my account anywhere? Thanking you in anticipation.