Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Forgot to inform HMRC company is trading

Can anyone help? I set up a company and didn't inform HMRC before the 3 months was up. The company was set up just to receive a one off payment with no intention of trading. I have a UTR number but when I try and proceed online it doesn't seem to recognise this presumably because notice to file tax was missed. There doesn't seem to be any way of accessing help or finding anyone to speak to. I'd prefer to pay the tax rather than evade it. Can anyone offer any suggestions? How do you speak to someone at HMRC? How do you announce you will be filing if it is past 3 months? Any help appreciated, thanks
  • Self Assessment Help

Help! I created a company with the sole purpose of receiving income for a 1 off job - I needed a companies house number to be paid an international transfer. The company did not trade before or after with any other income. I have tried to submit a self assessment today but have run into problems. I think I forgot to activate the 'charge of corporation tax' when it was set up. Even though I have a utr it doesn't have any record and won't allow me to submit a self assessment. How do I now complete the self assessment? The tax is likely to be in the region of £1000 so fairly nominal. Any help greatly appreciated.