Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Sale of Overseas Property

    Thank you for your advice. Based on my understanding, because the Hong Kong property that I had before was my main residence since August 2007, therefore, I can claim Private Residence Relief. Also, please be advised that I did not need to pay on my gain in Hong Kong. Under this situation, should my gain be declared on SA108 for tax year 2022-2023? Thank you.
  • Sale of Overseas Property

    I moved to the UK in August 2022 using BNO 5+1 visa effective on 5 April 2022. I had a property in Hong Kong since Aug 2007 and this is my only residence. I sold the property in Sept 2022 and all the money from this sale was received in January 2023. I am going to fill the self-assessment. I would like to have your advice whether the capital gain from this sale needs to be reported in tax year 2022-2023? Thank you very much.