Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Received Nudge letter from HMRC

Thanks Sir. I have never transferred any foreign income from NRE account into the UK. Do I still need to complete the self assessment for tax return and declare it as foreign income ? Do I still need to submit the return? Many Thanks
  • Received Nudge letter from HMRC

Hi , I have received Nudge letter from HMRC. I have never worked. I am only the daughters of my Parents . My dad has added my name in his NRE account to make sure that he has some one jointly in his NRE account for safer side. As mentioned in the letter that I have taken the professional advice. As per professional advised I need to apply for Self Assessments and for that I need UTR number as this is the first Self Assessments for me. My professional agent has applied for UTR in 20-February-2024. But he has not yet received my URT. Due to that he can not apply for Self Assessments. Deadline to reply HMRC is getting closer please advice what should I do to make sure that HMRC knows that I am still waiting for UTR and without the UTR I can not reply. I have called many times to HMRC but they advice me to wait for UTR due to workload there is delay.