Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Mileage

Thanks for your reply, The only letter that I received was one from the council entitled: Notification of Allowances and benefits Then a table that stated the following. HMRC Unpaid miles Total paid Tax relief Profit/loss Miles: 3,240.00 1800 5040 Value: £1,458.00 £1,458.00 £2,268.00 -£809 "Then the amount of miles and amount paid in respect of each type of mileage are shown. The total sum paid together with tax relief allowable are used to calculate the profit/loss, rounded to the nearest whole pound." I'm guessing that I do not need to declare this on my self-assessmnet? Thanks in advance
  • Mileage

Hi, I am currently employed as a supply teacher and each month within my salary I receive business mileage as I live quite far away from the school. This amount which reaches just above £1000 per year is added to my payslip each month. If I am filling out my self-assessment tax return, do I need to state this figure on it or is it something that the council that I work for deals with in their P11D form? I also received a letter from the council that i work for in regards to mileage as I was curious what a minus of £809 was for and they stated the following... The minus £809.00 on letter P11D represents the value of the mileage shown as not paid. It is not an amount that you need to pay or will be reimbursed for. However HM Revenue & Customs will take this amount into account in assessing your tax free allowance and whether your tax code needs to be changed.
  • RE: Balance to be paid on my account

But this tax code was used on the last payline of the financial year ending 05.04.23: S1256T, the tax code of: S1013T is on my recent payline from a few days ago.

I believe this is my tax code from my recent pay line: S1013T

Hallo, How will I be able to check my tax code and when I do find it, how will I know if I had allowances? Thanks in advance
  • Balance to be paid on my account

I recently filled out my self-assessment tax return, I earn before tax just over £30,000 and I only made £240 profit from my work as self-employed but I still have to pay £134 tax after I filled out my self-assessment return, surely this is not correct?