Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• What additional proof do I need to submit to register for VAT?

You must send us three identity documents in order for us to process this VAT application We need one document to verify your identity. The document must have a government issued photo, for example: a passport a photocard driving licence a national identity card We need two additional pieces of evidence which can be copies of: a mortgage statement a lease or rental agreement a work permit or Visa any correspondence from the Department for Work and Pensions confirming entitlement to benefits a recent utility bill a birth certificate Hello, I am applying for VAT and I need to submit 3 supporting documents. For the first supporting document, we know what to submit. But we need two additional supporting documents. Do these two supporting documents require proof of address for the company or proof of address for the individual? The company is a Northern Ireland company. Does the proof of address require proof of address in Northern Ireland? Do you need to submit an individual or a business? I am Chinese. Should I submit my personal Chinese address or my business Northern Ireland address? a lease or rental agreement(Is a Northern Ireland business address agreement required?) a recent utility bill(Northern Ireland business address utility bills?) a birth certificate(My personal birth certificate?) Looking forward to your reply