Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Tax refund from HK

    Hi, HMRC Admin10 Thanks for your information. Best Regards
  • RE: SA-109 for tax year 2021-2022

    Dear HMRC Admin 10 I have just read your reply, many thanks for your advice and please also hope you accept my late THANK YOU to you. Kind Regards Andy
  • Tax refund from HK

    Hi I'm a resident in the UK and I received a 2021 tax refund in December 2022 from the Hong Kong government, do I need to declare this income for this year? Thanks
  • SA-109 for tax year 2021-2022

    Dear HMRC Admin I came from Hong Kong and I have never been resident in the UK until 17 Nov 2021. I was a civil servant of HKSARG and already retired in Sep 2021. With the BNO VISA, I moved to the UK in 17 Nov 2021 for living here without work until now. For the tax year 2021-2022, I had filled and submitted the tax return online in Jan 2022, in the submission I declared my total income came from monthly pension of HKSARG and bank saving interest, all from 17 Nov 2021 to 5 April 2022. However, I did not aware the submission of SA-109 for the split year treatment until last week, it is certainly my fault. From 6 April 2021 to 16 Nov 2021 in Hong Kong, I had income from HKSARG including salary, a lump sum of pension and monthly pension. For the above income in Hong Kong before 17 Nov 2021, I would like to ask whether I need to provide SA-109 for HMRC. Thank you