Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Selective Licensing Fee

    My local authority now requires me to register as a landlord and charges a fee for that registration. As the registration is solely for the rental of that property I am presuming its an allowable expense. My question is which expense column does this fall under on my self assessment? I did the registration via my letting agent and it appeared on their invoice. Shall I put it under 'professional fees'?
  • RE: Sudden NI year payment missing

    I have been alerted to my 1997/1998 contributions being missing by an ex work colleague. Last year when I checked I'm sure I did not see this year as incomplete. My colleague had his P60 from that year and having written to HMRC has had the year reinstated in full. I don't have any payslips or P60 from that year and company has been taken over twice since that date. I have requested a P60 from the current company but not getting any response from them. Given HMRC are aware there is an issue with 1997/1998 for certain companies surely they should be checking all employees of those companies have had their contributions correctly credited. Can I still appeal to HMRC even though I have no physical payslips/P60s? Note I was in continuous salaried employment with the company from 1990 - 2018 so the fact the contributions record for 1997/1998 shows nil contributions whilst all other years are full makes no sense.