Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Advice for working from EU for UK company

    Hello, I am struggling to fully understand the current rules and what steps I need to take, hope someone here could advise. I am EU national and I have settled status (indefinite leave to remain) in the UK, been living here for more than 10 years. I have obtained permission from my UK employer allowing me to work remotely from my home country (health issues of a close family member/dependent). I am approaching 6 months mark in this arrangement and would like to ensure I understand correctly: 1. what do I need to do (who do I notify, what forms do I fill in) to ensure that all of my taxes are paid as required and intended? As far as I am concerned, 100% of my work time is UK based, however not sure how this is interpreted when all work is digital and is done remotely. 2. Can I retain UK as my tax residence if I spend 56 or more days in the UK during the financial year? My house and my career are in the UK, I am working remotely purely to support close member of my family. In my understanding, this might have impact to any of my financial accounts (bank/savings etc.). Many thanks!