Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Clarity on Pension Contributions when Completing Self Assessment

Actually in the online self-assessment there is a box 5. Let me restate my question referring to the paper self-assessment form fields for section "Paying into registered pension schemes and overseas pension schemes". In 2021-22 I made a one-off payment (say £10,000) to my pension fund from taxed income, in addition to monthly salary/payroll contributions to my pension pot. Do I use this figure (£10,000) as the answer for both boxes 01 and 1.1 ?
  • Foreign Dividends & Annual Allowance

I've just reported some foreign dividends which are under the £2000 annual allowance limit but have since noticed that my taxable income has increased. What is the purpose of the annual allowance then ? Until now I've assumed that dividends inside the allowance are tax free but the HMRC calculation suggests otherwise (to my untrained eye).
  • RE: Clarity on Pension Contributions when Completing Self Assessment

Sorry if I am being dense - I am still confused about which fields I need to complete in the "Paying into registered pension schemes & overseas pension schemes" section the SA form. As background I'm a higher rate tax-payer and as an employee make monthly salary/payroll-based payments to my pension pot. Additionally in 2021-22 I made a one-off payment (say £10,000) to my pension fund from taxed income. Do I use this figure as the answer for both boxes 01 and 05 ?