Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Check flat rate expense waste industry

    I believe I'm entitled to claim a flat rate expense from my employment. I understand that the basic would be £60 but as I work in the waste industry I expect that to be higher. The list available via HMRC doesn't include the waste sector so is there a flat rate expense for my job if so what is it?
  • Beneficial ownership B|

    I own 2 BTL properties jointly with my brother and the rental income is currently split 50/50. As a higher rate tax payer (Scotland) I wish to transfer all rental income to my brother (lower tax rate payer England). Question 1. Do I submit a declaration of trust? If so how do I go about submitting it or is it something I keep should HMRC request it. Question 2. I currently pay the tax from my rental properties through PAYE . If I was able to transfer 100% of the rental income to my brother I would no longer need to do a self assessment so presumably I could fill in HMRC's 'request removal from self assessment form' and in the box 'give details of how your circumstances have changed' stating the above? Any help would be appreciated as I want to ensure everything is done right!