Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Can I claim for installation costs for an EV charger for a company vehicle

Yes that makes sense , it always the working man that has to pay. Executives, self employed all get perks but we have to buy our own tools and pay for chargers for company vehicles that we need to do work. I was hoping. Personally I cant see how the cost isn't a legitimate way I pay towards driving a company vehicle as it no longer becomes fully expensed as -per P11D. I not only pay for personal mileage but also to install the charger. I couldn't wait for any grant, the vehicle will be here in two weeks and there isn't a charger within 3 miles of my home that I could use and then walk home. Oh yes, they have given us a mobile charge card for use on the road but of course it isn't accepted at the station in my village.
  • Can I claim for installation costs for an EV charger for a company vehicle

Field based engineer working from home and driving to different clients every day. Not office based. Company has forced us all to order EV only vehicles and install SMART chargers at home at our own expense. They will reimburse for business miles charging only. I am basic rate tax payer and the company EV car will be BIC. Because I live in a terraced house I have had to pay for the road to be dug up to install the charger. It has cost me close to £2000. Can I offset any of this against my tax. Basic rate tax payer on PAYE. My personal vehicle that I use at weekends is petrol and for the time being the charger will only be used to charge the company vehicle.