Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• EV Van lease

I’m looking at taking out a 24 month van business contract hire. I’m a sole trader, non VAT registered. I currently use a purchased van 100% business use. What would be the options for accounting for the new lease van? Using the van 100% for business - am I correct in thinking that my initial rental fee + subsequent monthly fees can be put through my accounts? Do I then get an amount per mile allowance? Obviously I will have no fuel receipts as it will be an EV that will be charged at home. If not, how do I go about calculating the charging cost? Another scenario - if I sell my personal vehicle and use the new van for both business and private use, how do I got about splitting the lease payments, and moreso - if this is required - how would I calculate the home charging costs if having to split this between my personal and business use. Thank you Looking at my first lease van. Am I correct in thinking the initial rental fee + all monthly rentals + 45p per mile can be claimed? It would be 100% business use. It would be an EV if that alters anything. Thanks