Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Does my spouse need to file tax returns for FY 2023-24?

My spouse is a UK tax-resident. She is not employed and her income from savings is less than 10K GBP. However, she has made about 32,000 USD capital gains by selling foreign shares worth 100,000 USD this fiscal year. If she pays her due capital gains tax using the Real Time Capital Gains service, then does she still have to file returns using self-assessment tax, considering that these are foreign shares and that the value of the shares she sold is quite high?
  • RE: Transferring existing Stocks and shares ISA to two new ISAs

Or maybe I misunderstood. The website mentions, "If you want to transfer money you’ve invested in an ISA during the current year, you must transfer all of it.". By all of it, does it imply all the money invested for the current financial year or all the money in the ISA?
  • RE: Transferring existing Stocks and shares ISA to two new ISAs

Looking at the information provided in the link given by you, it seems to be possible to have multiple ISA of the same type in existence. Quoting from the link: > If you want to transfer money you’ve invested in an ISA during the current year, you must transfer all of it. > For money you invested in previous years, you can choose to transfer all or part of your savings. Based on this information, in my initial query above, at least the first point should be possible i.e. I should be able to open a new Stocks & Shares ISA, transfer the 2K that I already deposited this financial year in the old Stocks & Shares ISA into the new Stocks & Shares ISA, and then continue to invest in new Stocks & Shares ISA (till the 20K limit is reached). Could you confirm?
  • Transferring existing Stocks and shares ISA to two new ISAs

I have an existing Stocks & Shares ISA running from past 2 years. I have invested 2K GBP into it this financial year. Now can I open two new Stocks & Shares ISA and 1. Transfer this year's 2K GBP from my existing ISA into one of them 2. Transfer previous year investments into the other newly created ISA I also plan to invest the remaining 18K of my ISA allowance into the new ISA to which I intend to transfer the 2K GBP. Is this fine as per ISA transfer rules?