Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to pay Voluntary contributions to fill gaps

    I’ve got exactly the same problem been trying to contact HMRC for more than a week now. Trying multiple times every day and just getting disconnected. Tried looking online and have the same issue as you with this NI Ref number. I’ve looked at all my paperwork but nothing there that fits the description. I’m all for helping myself but if they can’t put better information on their website to provide you with the tools to help yourself then it’s causes immense frustration. I did hear a message played this morning that said we can pay it after 5 April 23 if we can’t get through before. However I just want to pay what I owe to fill the gaps but it seems impossible?