Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • How to amend the submitted file

    Dear Admin, My 2022-23 self-assessment has been submitted and tax calculation was received by post last week.However, I found that I made a wrong selection on page Box no.1,TR2,Form100 which Employment should be YES therefore my PAYE 's record did not fill in.I cannot amend this mistake online since over 72 hours after submission of file.Please let me know what next should I do ,THANKS!
  • RE: nomination of main residence

    I came to the UK with a BNO visa and arrived in the UK on April 11, 2022. I sold my self-occupied property in Hong Kong on 5th July 2022. In addition, I bought a property in the UK in 2019 for rental purposes until I came and it became my main house from April 11th,2022 . I have the following question: 1 The previous property in Hong Kong was my main residence during the occupied period. When filling out the capital gain tax (SA108)declaration, do I still have to write a nomination as my main residence to claim private residence relief? 2 In the case of UK properties, whether my self-occupied period is counted from 11 April or 5 July?Do I need to declare this as I only need a place of residence?
  • RE: Pre-resignation leave from my previous job

    Hi Admin, Thank you for your reply. Therefore,I don't need to report this income in my self-assessment return,do I?
  • Pre-resignation leave from my previous job

    Hi Admin, I arrived in the UK on April 11, 2022 with a BNO visa. I resigned from my job before coming to the UK and the last date is April 5, 2022. Because I still have more than three months of pre-resignation leave , my previous employer turned these leave into money and subsidized to me in April, May, and June, 2022. I would like to ask that these incomes were produced in the last financial year before I came to the UK, do I need to declare tax?