Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Cheque reissue

Previously, I received a cheque from HMRC, it is my tax repayment for 21/22 and 22/23. However, my name on the cheque is not correct, something like Not known . Therefore, the teller in the bank said they can't take the check and advise me to ask for reissue. I believe it is my profile issue on the self assessment, the title is not selected. Therefore, I have updated it and I have sent a letter about my situation including the cheque to HMRC in the Mid of Feb. However, I have not received any feedback. And I checked the HMRC forum, there had been a post for a year ago about check reissue, it said it probably takes 18 weeks, is it still relevant? What should I do? I have the reference number of the cheque. Please advise.
  • Employee record not found in self-assessment

I have submitted the tax return by using HMRC portal in April 2023 for tax year 2022/2023. And I got the letter from HMRC in Dec 2023, they are not able to find my employee record. Therefore, the reported tax deducted amount is removed. I am wondering if it is related to my tax code is 0T and I did not complete the HMRC starter checklist because I did not have NI at that moment (First Job in UK). I have tried to send my P60 (Mar, 2023) and letter to the HMRC address on 5 Jan 2024 Should I expect any feedback for that? It is because I want to amend the tax return as I have reported the capital gain (around £4XX). I am wondering if it is necessary to report that because it is below the capital gain allowance. And in the letter, I also ask for the change of my tax code (0T) to normal one because monthly income tax is different? It would be great to hear any feedback and suggestion.
  • Can I submit SA109 for tax year 2021/22

I have submitted the tax return by using HMRC portal for tax year 2021/2022. However, I forgot to submit SA109 as split year is required. Am I still able to submit it using listed commercial software? And is the amendment deadline for tax year 2021/2022 before 31 Jan, 2024?