Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: HMRC Estimated Income

Thanks for your reply HMRC. Just a follow up question related to the personal pension. Since I selected the standard payment option which the personal pension was deducted after tax(means the 20% tax was added to my person pension). Does it mean I need to apply for tax return by self assessment As my tax band is 40%? Or how should I deal with this? Thanks.
  • RE: HMRC Estimated Income

Hi, This is my first tax year in the UK. I only have one job with putting the estimated income in HMRC app. The question is: - should I just put the whole year income(before tax) in estimated income? - or do I put the amount after deducting the personal pension(5% of income) from total annual income? - how about NI? Should it be deducted? - how about car benefits which I have already added to the benefit separately? Do I need to add this on the estimated annual income? - do I need to add the medical insurance(company’s benefits) on top of the annual income? Besides, what is the reason to submit the self assessment if the annual income is over 100k? I understand £1 of personal allowance will be deducted for every £2 earn above 100k income, is the car benefit(e.g. £8k) needs to add to estimated annual income which submit in HMRC? Do I need to apply for tax relief related to car benefit tax? Thank you in advance.