Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: U1 Form

Dear HMRC Team, Following my previous message over two weeks ago, I have called HMRC 4-5 times a week for an update without success. Despite having all the necessary information, my U1 certificate has not been issued. I raised a complaint earlier this week and was promised contact within 48 hours, but I have yet to hear from anyone. This situation is extremely frustrating, as I am unable to expedite the process. My case is straightforward: I have lived at the same address for five years and worked for the same employer for the last six years. It has been over six weeks since I requested the U1 form, and I fear it will take months to resolve at this rate. The lack of communication options, such as email or a secure mailbox, exacerbates the issue. Letters take weeks to be received and processed, and phone calls to the generic helpline have not been helpful. I urgently seek assistance to resolve this matter. Kind regards,
  • RE: U1 Form

Hello, I submitted a request online for a U1 form on May 6th, 2024. This request was marked as “Completed” on May 8th, 2024, but it was processed with the reason “I have not left the UK,” which was incorrect. Following this, I submitted a paper request by post from France on May 13th, 2024, including additional documents to ensure proper processing. HMRC received this on May 17th, 2024, and it was marked as “In Progress” on the HMRC website. However, when I called HMRC, I was informed that a letter requesting additional information was sent to me in France, which I never received. Last week, I called HMRC daily to get an update, and I was advised to submit a new application online, which I did on Monday. Yesterday, this application was marked as “Completed.” This morning, I called HMRC again for an update and was informed that this application had been closed without a clear reason. I left the UK on May 21st, 2024, and I am uncertain when I will receive the U1 form. My situation is straightforward: I have lived in the UK since January 2018 and worked continuously for the same employer until last month. I have lived at the same address for the past five years. How can we ensure that my application is processed correctly and that I receive a U1 form in a reasonable timeframe? This process has been very confusing, and there are no alternative ways of communicating other than calling every day from abroad at a high cost (with a minimum waiting time on the HMRC line of 40 minutes). Many thanks!

[Personal information removed - Admin]