Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Split year treatment/NRL

Hi, Thanks for the response. I'm not sure I fully understand. So for the Non-UK part of the year do I have to declare my UK property income on my UK tax? Or would that be declared in Australia?(Given the double taxation agreement)
  • Split year treatment/NRL

Hi guys, Been asked to do a self assessment tax return but a bit confused by it all. I've lived in UK my whole life until starting work in Australia at beginning of February. I've not returned to UK since so my understanding is I qualify for split year treatment from February onwards. However I own a property in the UK which has been giving me rental income since January. - Do I still qualify for split year if I still had a small amount of rental income for the rest of the year? - Do I class as Non-Resident landlord for 23/24 tax year or not because it was only 3 months? - How did you prove you qualify for split year treatment given my understanding that one requirement is you are non-resident also for 24/25 tax year? - Do I need to apply for split year treatment prior to submitting my tax return? Thanks