Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: US stock interest income classification

Dear HMRC Admin, I am in similar situation as terrywykwong above, my further question is that if I use remittance basis as reporting, is the interest income from US Bonds and Stocks can be regarded as foreign incomes unremitted into UK, even though the trading platform is UK registered (Interactive Broker)? Thanks!
  • RE: BNO

Dear HMRC Admin, In addition to some UK bank interests, I have foreign interest incomes, dividend incomes, captain gains, rental incomes and director's fees in HK and US. As I will use remittance basis for reporting this year, I only need to pay tax on my UK bank interest, if any after allowance. What I want to know is how I should report on SA106 if I remit the above (a) foreign captain gains, (b) foreign rental incomes and (c) foreign director's fees into UK in future because I note that there are only boxes for (1) Remitted foreign saving income (2) Remitted foreign dividend income on F2 of SA106. Thanks for your advice.
  • RE: Apply for UTR

My wife and I have similar situation as pat22lau lau above, We registered on 12 Sep 2023 but both of us have yet received the UTR number until now. Should we re-submitted our registration on 5 Oct 2023 in order to comply with the rule? Please advise.