Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Changing Address for Personal/Business Accounts by Post

Thank you for your reply. I know this will be a silly question but its more for reassurance and I'll be worrying about putting in the wrong information if I don't ask. I also just thought for when my address gets updated, since I moved in June 2024 will this affect my 2023-2024 Self Assessment? When filling out the form will it require me to put in the old address or new address? or will the new address only be used for Self Assessment 2024-2025 onwards?
  • Changing Address for Personal/Business Accounts by Post

Hello, I recently moved in with my partner and I'm going about changing all my address details with my Bank, GP etc. and now I'm trying to sort out changing my address on my HMRC account. I intend to do this via post as I've not had any luck doing it on the phone or their website. I'm a Self-Employed Sole Trader who has their Personal/Business Account as the same address so I have some questions I'm hoping anyone can help me with . What details are important to add besides the new address? Should my National Insurance Number and Unique Taxpayer Reference be included? Since my Personal Account details and my Business Account details are the same do I need to write separate letters for each account or will my details be updated from one account to the other? Also I'm having some trouble finding the right address/s to post my details to. I just want to make sure I send my letter to the right address and department but every website I look on has a different answer. Thank you for your help :)