Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Transferring personal money to UK

Hello, I was working and living in Malaysia. I moved to the UK and started working here in March. I'm a resident here now under a skilled visa. I have withdrawn my Malaysia Pension Fund that I gained while working there, and now I need to bring this money to the UK. I have a Foreign Demand Draft cheque in USD, and I would like to credit this foreign cheque into my UK bank account which is also in USD. Do I have to pay taxes in the UK over this money that I gained while working and living in Malaysia if I deposit this cheque in my UK bank account? Many thanks, Narel
  • Depositing a foreign cheque in my UK account

Hello, I was working and living in Malaysia. I moved to the UK and started working here in March. I'm a resident here now under a skilled visa. I have withdrawn my Malaysia Pension Fund that I gained while working there, and now I need to bring this money to the UK. I have a Foreign Demand Draft cheque in USD, and I would like to credit this foreign cheque into my UK bank account which is also in USD. Do I have to pay taxes in the UK over this money that I gained while working and living in Malaysia if I deposit this cheque in my UK bank account? Many thanks, Narel