Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: SA1 - entry of foreign income

    Hi HMRC Administrator, If my mother gave me gift money by transferring money in another currency from her bank account to my bank account in another jurisdiction, do I need to declare/report in the self assessment form in my tax return? Most grateful for your advice. 

    Name removed admin . 
  • Access to Government Gateway Account

    Hi HMRC Administrator, I found that the system wrongly denied my correct password for access to my account. I used the password just a day ago but the system rejected it when I tried to access my account today. A friend of mine experienced the same problem a few days ago. When she tried to reset the password using the "wrong" password again, the system said that it was the "correct" old password which should be changed. It seems that there is technical glitch with the system. Grateful if the relevant team could check for any necessary fix. Thank you.
  • SA1 - entry of foreign income

    Hi HMRC Administrator, I newly became a UK resident during the 2022-2023 tax year and I only have income from interests earned in my bank accounts in the overseas. To reply to the question "When did you start getting this income?", I am not sure whether I should write 6 April 2022 (i.e. the start of the tax year), or the exact date when I landed in the UK if I am going to seek split year treatment. Grateful for your advice.