Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: EPC & Tenancy Scheme deposit registration

My question wasn't about the deposit but about the fee charged to register for the deposit scheme. Which box should be used for this Thanks
  • EPC & Tenancy Scheme deposit registration

I have started renting out for the first time. I assume that the costs for the EPC certificate and tenancy deposit scheme registration are allowable expenses. Could you tell me under which boxes these should be declared Thanks
  • RE: Expenses whilst preparing property for rental

The guidance provided at: PIM2505 - Beginning and end of a rental business: commencement, does not answer my questions. Is there a way of contacting someone to answer my questions. Thank you
  • RE: Expenses whilst preparing property for rental

Hi, thank you for your response. I have checked the links that you provided but I am unclear re bills incurred during the 3 months whilst I was preparing the property for rental. The property was not occupied at the time and had not been used for rental before. The bills were the fixed council tax and property management service fees and standing charges re water, electric I would be grateful if you can clarify whether these are acceptable expenses
  • Expenses whilst preparing property for rental

In May 2022, I decided that I would like to rent out the flat that I owned for the first time. Hence I started preparing it for rental. Rental started in August 2022. Can I claim for the following: • mileage allowances for journeys from home to the flat solely for preparation of the flat for renting • redecoration of the flat in preparation for renting • replacing dish washer, fridge freezer and bedroom carpet in preparation for renting • parts to repair oven extractor, window handles • replacement bathroom mirror and shelves that were cracked. • electric, council tax and water bills in the period whilst I was preparing flat for rental. • cost of replacing electric lights as some were broken and others needed to comply with H&S. Functionality identical. • property management service fees - in period of preparation for rental