Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: payment of voluntary class 2 NIC contributions from abroad

Dear HRMC, I paid for my back dated NIC contributions from abroad to HMRC NIC Receipts but using the sort code (08 32 20) and account number (12001004), instead of the required IBAN (GB49 BARC 2020 4830 9447 93). In the reference field I used my National Insurance number followed by ‘IC’ and my surname (instead of the required 18-digit reference number). I realise now that this is incorrect and I clearly made a mistake. Does it mean that my payment will not be recognized and lost? Please advise what I should do now.
  • Paying NI gaps by bank transfer from abroad

I have to pay my NI gaps and received a letter from HRMC with respective NICs shortfall rates for each Tax Year (from 2015 to 2024). I will be paying from overseas by a bank transfer. My question: Do I make individual payments for each Tax Year or make one payment for all Tax Years as a one total payment? I made one payment already for one Tax Year (in May 2024) but it is still not reflecting on my HRMC online records so I just want to pay the rest in one go if possible.