Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• How to send paper form by post

I need to submit a paper tax return and thought it might be wise to track the delivery so that I have proof of submitting it. However, is there anyone at BX9 1AS to sign for a Royal Mail Special Delivery? Is there any point doing this?
  • RE: Non Residence (Filling SA109)

Please could you read my previous post and answer whether it is (a) or (b). The guidance notes do not provide sufficient detail for me to be sure how to answer this question.
  • RE: Non Residence (Filling SA109)

Hello, unfortunately the guidance notes are not clear enough for my situation. They state: "Put ‘X’ in box 4 if you were resident in the UK for the 2020 to 2021 tax year and you’re one of the following: • not resident for the 2021 to 2022 tax year • resident for the 2021 to 2022 tax year, and split year treatment applies to you" However, my situation is the first of these two conditions (not resident for the 2021 to 2022 tax year) but to answer the question I need to know which of the following is being asked: a) Put ‘X’ in box 4 if you were resident in the UK for the WHOLE OF 2020 to 2021 tax year b) Put ‘X’ in box 4 if you were resident in the UK for ANY PART OF 2020 to 2021 tax year Thanks
  • Non Residence (Filling SA109)

Hello, if I was non-resident in the UK for the whole of 2021-22, how do I answer box 4 of SA109 given that 2020-21 was a split year? So I was resident in the UK for only the first part of 2020-21, not the whole tax year. Thanks.