Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Having a business vehicle and Personal Fuel Payments

I work in construction I keep a work Van on site and have a personal vehicle for getting to and from work. I presume I can put the business fuel expenses through the business and the pay myself milage to and from the place of work. Is this correct? I do have a fuel card for tracking these expenses on the company vehicle and keep a log book to track personal milage for commuting. Any help would be great thanks.
  • EIM50630 - Contractor working away from home

Dear HMRC Admin Team, Please can you help me with the nature of my enquiry below... Due to the nature of my works in the civil engineering industry i am require to work away from home for up to 8 months at a time. Currently my work is over 200miles away. I stay in temporary accomodation Sunday to Thursday and claim back the rate of £40. I have completed a form (created by my limited company) for lodging away from home with copies of my rental agreement me and my partner have as well as proof of payments on the property we share. I have also proof of rental agreement and payment for my site for my caravan. Is this acceptable proof for lodging away from home allowance or is there any HMRC paperwork to submit. I have read the guidance in EIM50630 and the EIM71307 as well as EIM71310. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.