Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Receiving another person's salary

Hi, Thank you for your response. I have looked at the document you have attached and I’m afraid I still don’t understand if that applies to my situation. It doesn’t fall under any of the listed categories (i.e it is not rent, money from selling, income from social media activity, freelance, casual earning etc). Therefore am I to assume that I would not need to include my father’s salary in the Self-Assessment? Many thanks, Polina
  • Receiving another person's salary

Hello, I was really hoping you could help me clarify something I wasn`t able to find an answer to in any guide. I am a UK resident. My father (non-UK resident, doesn`t live in the UK, not ever planning to) wants to arrange with his employer that I receive his salary onto my UK account. His employer is NOT a UK company; his employer is on board with the arrangement. The transfer of money will occur via a bank transfer from overseas, but not from my father but from his employer directly. My questions are: 1) Are there any tax implications for myself on receiving my father`s salary? 2) Would I need to declare this salary as "Foreign income" or anywhere else on my Self-Assessment tax return form? I would really appreciate any advice on this, although I understand it might be a complex situation.