Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: How to claim self-employed business expenses

I am having a similar problem. My summary is saying: n the year starting 6 April 2023 and ending 5 April 2024 you have told us you: that you did not claim an allowable loss. Does this mean that my loss has not been included in the calculations and if so which section do I fill in to ensure my loss is deducted against my PAYE please? Thank you
  • Self Assessment claiming losses

Hi I am employed and self employed. I made a loss from self employment and it is my first year of trading. I have filled in that I made a loss, however, I thought that this would be off set against my PAYE income, but this has not happened. I have looked through all the help sheets and no matter what I enter my tax is not being deducted. Can you please highlight the exact boxes where I should be putting my loss figure so that it offsets against the tax that I have already paid for 2023-2024 please. Thanks.
  • Self Assessment claiming losses

Hello - I work full time and I set up a new business last year. I made a loss, on my business, of £2500. I have entered this loss but how do I set this loss off against my taxable income for my full time employment please? I also have income coming in from a let out property and some dividends. I expected the final calculation to set off the loss but it doesn't appear to. Many thanks.