Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: UK resident working for an EU company

    Hi, thanks for the reply, albeit a bit general. Follow-up questions: 1) If I receive the salary already in GBP, is there any need for conversion? 2) If the salary is sent in EUR every month and converted to GBP by my bank, then I use the latest available HMRC exchange rates? 3) What is the deadline for self-assessment registration considering my employment (foreign income) starts in March 2024? 4) Could you provide guidance on how to avoid double taxation on my income, considering it originates from Israel but is processed through Slovakia? Are there specific forms or agreements I should be aware of to claim tax relief? 5) For the purpose of filling out my self-assessment tax return, how should I report the income received from the foreign company alongside the income from my last UK-based employment that ended in November 2023? Should these be reported separately, and how does this affect my tax calculation for the 2023/2024 tax year? 6) As a contractor working for a foreign company, what expenses am I allowed to deduct for tax purposes? Are there specific rules for deductions related to foreign employment income? Thank you, Jaroslav