Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Do I need to register for VAT for dropshipping

Hello forum friends, I’m new to the forum I don’t know how to ask new question on the forum, so I’m writing here. Apologies if it’s wrong place I work a part time job and pay tax on it, and now I also want to start a online e-commerce clothing brand website on shopify (it’s basically dropshipping, my friend who has a shop in asia will send the clothes directly to the UK costumers who will buy from my website, because I dont have the clothes inventory space here ). i tired to search online but its really confusing some sites say u don’t need to register or pay VAT and some say u need to do from the beginning, now I’m starting with a very low budget so unfortunately the sales won’t be really much in the first year. • do I need to register my business on the gov website? By searching online I saw that there is a website u register the name and pay 50£ if I’m nt wrong? •do I need to register my self as self employed or sole trade or business partnership? •do I need to pay only income tax VAT on final sale or also pay for import goods tax (because I’m not sending the parcel my self, the parcel will be sent by my friend and manufacturer (they are in Asian country) directly to the costumer UK address). •do I need to pay VAT on kids clothes to? I saw online that the kids clothes are 0% so no VAT or I’m wrong? Please someone help me what are the steps to legally open a website, I really want to make a brand and searched online but don’t know there are so many different opinions and sites that I don’t understand what is true what is not Thank you