Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Split year treatment

    Hi HMRC Admin, I was a UK tax resident in 2022/23 tax year, and had the self assessment done. In Jan 2024, I moved to Australia permanently, I have no UK income since then. I am working in Australia. For 2023/24 tax year, as I am already living outside of the UK since Jan 2024, do I still need to report and pay the UK tax for the income earned in Australia from Jan 2024 to Apr 2024? I was told that I don't need to, just to double confirm. Also how to report split year treatment in self assessment? I was told to use a software to lodge the return, could you please advise the details please? thanks.