Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Marriage Allowance

    Hi, just like others I’ve tried many times, in early morning, normal working time, noon time and evening, to seek the help from advisor via the hotline but in vain. Very fatigue. Can anyone give me some help about my question. My wife is not a British citizen but a HK BNO holder. Can she get a personal allowance and transfer a part to me? According to GOV UK website, you’ll get a personal allowance of tax free UK income each year if any of the following apply: you are a British citizen, a citizen in EEA countries or have worked for the UK government. You might also get it if it’s included in the double taxation agreement between the UK and the country you live in, e.g. HK. So, according to this, can I claim the marriage allowance please? Regards, David