Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Non-tax resident for NI

Thanks for your reply. How about I am still working for Hong Kong employment with my existing Hong Kong employer? I will work remotely. I have still paid the social security scheme for Hong Kong. Please advise
  • RE: Tax status of BNO Visa Holder

Please reply.
  • Non-tax resident for NI

I am BNO visa holder and I will move to UK in February 2025 and less than 46 days for the tax year for 6 April 2024 to 5 April. If I am non-tax resident for the tax year, do I need to pay NI for the tax year?
  • Tax status of BNO Visa Holder

My family and I will move to UK in January 2025 via BNO visa. I am employed by a Hong Kong company and I will continuously work for the Company even I live in UK. Thus, I earn a foreign income. For the tax year for 6 April 2024 to 5 April 2025, I stay in UK less than 183 days, and I meet the automatic overseas tests that I work full-time overseas for the tax year, I spend fewer than 90 days in UK for the tax year and I work for more than 3 hours in UK on fewer than 30 days in the tax year. But I will have a house in UK for the tax year which more than 90 days and present in the home more than 30 days (automatic UK tests). Am I a tax resident in UK for the tax year for 6 April 2024 to 5 April 2025? Will I have to pay income tax the tax year?