Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Singapore CPF

Hi HMRC, Is Singapore CPF a recognised occupational or personal pension? Are my employee and/or employer contributions tax-decuctible while I am working in the uk and a uk tax resident? In Singapore my employee contributions are fully tax deductible. Thanks
  • Register overseas company?

I am a director of an overseas company, I take no employment income, or dividends, and the company makes less than £10k profit p/a. As a UK resident, do I need to register this company in the UK?
  • Corporation Tax on Foreign Companies

Hi, I am the director and 100% shareholder of a company in Singapore (Company X), and a director and 50% shareholder of a company in Singapore (Company Y). Company X and Company Y have no business relationship between them and all their clients are outside the UK. I will become resident of the UK later in the year, thus Company X will be fully controlled from the UK, and Company Y will be 50% controlled from the UK. Both companies will also remain resident of Singapore with no other PE. After reading your guidance; - INTM225500 indicates that CFC rules will not apply if the taxable profits of a company are less than £500k per annum. - INTM224100 indicates that CFC rules will not apply for the first 12 months if the company will become 'uk resident' for the first time. - INTM226000 indicates that CFC rules will not apply if the company pays 75% or more of the UK corporation tax rate (Singapore 17%). Firstly, is my understanding of the guidance above correct? Secondly, I believe all three of the above exemptions apply to both Company X and Company Y. What action, if any, do I need to take in relation to these companies do I need to take with HMRC? Thanks