Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: cash gift

    Dear HMRC I am a UK tax resident, non-domiciled. I am employed by an overseas (Hong Kong) company and adopting remittance basis for self assessment. During the tax year, I did not remit any money earned from the employment to the UK. My father, aged over 70, is also a UK tax resident. He is retired and has no income. I plan to support his daily expenses from the income I have earned from my employment in Hong Kong. Would you please advise the tax implication, if any, to my father or myself? Do I need to declare any taxable income? Thanks in advance.