Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: R&D claim delay - critical timing for us now

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • RE: R&D Reclaim delays (and a Kafkaesque discussion about paper)

@ DJ Hamblin-Brown I am sure the complaint form is not going to be straightforward. Please make sure you follow the steps very carefully, otherwise it might get rejected. However, I am a little jealous that you are getting some response from the HMRS team. I, along with many others are facing a wall of silence and are kept completely in the dark as to the progress (or lack of) of our application.
  • RE: R&D claim severe delay & no response

We are in roughly the same boat. It has only been four and a half months for us but we are barely scraping through. We have used two of our lifelines of beg and borrow, only steal is left. Unfortunately, I do not have the aptitude for the last lifeline. With our more refined products & services, we have had interest from clients that would divert interest away from European and American providers and bring them to the UK. That is if we survive another month or two. It's so sad that years of hard work and investments will go to waste because of a backlog in R&D processing.
  • RE: R&D claim delay - critical timing for us now

Is there a number or email address that I could use to contact someone? I have tried calling but an automated message told me to contact the team only by email for our R&D related queries. I have tried to contact HMRS by email and I get an automated response that someone will aim to respond to your email within 5 working days. No one responds. I do not want to flood HMRC's inbox to make matters worse and am sure others will be in the same situation as me. I am at a loss and would greatly appreciate any assistance on this matter.
  • R&D claim delay - critical timing for us now

We applied for an R&D claim on 13th February 2024 – . We have held off but are now in dire need of the application to go through by the end of this month. We are very small, but are aiming to become direct competitors with some of the European and North American Investment Banks. Only a handful of companies have the know-how and expertise of the techniques we use. None that I can tell have the infrastructure to model or incorporate artificial intelligence into the process. We have built the infrastructure and are looking to incorporate AI. We are at the early stages but have already sparked interest and could divert interest away from European and North American financial instructions to our UK-based products. I appreciate the HMRC team is under tremendous pressure to handle the number of claims however for us the risk of failure has increased dramatically without the support of our R&D claim. We have sent several emails requesting updates but have had the standard automated response for rd.incentivesreliefs@hmrc.gov.uk. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on this matter.

[Personal Information removed - HMRC Admin]