Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Rental income from oversea joint property

    Hi, I have a Flat in Spain, where I am from, it is rented to a tenant and I share the ownership with my ex-partner. I pay the 3-monthly tax to the Spanish "Agencia Tributaria" and the money in euros received as a monthly rent stays in Spain in a joint account to cope with the mortgage and different expenses and obligations in Spain, the question is, what do I need to do here in the UK with regards to this flat and income that stays there in Spain? Should I communicate this to HMRC? Thanks in anticipation. Kind regards
  • Money gift from parents in Spai

    Hi there, My father lives in Spain, he is Spanish citizen and he wants to gift me 4000 euros (around £3300), could this amount be transferred from Spain into a UK bank account without tax implications? I am UK resident taxpayer. Kind regards