Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Hearing Aid - self employment

I understand that hearing aids bought by a company for an employee would be tax allowable and outside the scope of P11d regardless of private use, per EIM21846. Would a hearing aid be similarly tax allowable for self employment?
  • Option sold on private residence

I have sold an option to buy my house (my residence) to a developer for £20,000. This gives the developer the option to buy my house for £200,000 within the next year. If he goes ahead with the purchase, he will give me the remaining £180,000. If he does not go ahead, I keep the £20,000. Would the option I have sold still be elegible for private residence relief, even if he does not eventually buy the property? If not, how would it be taxed?
  • Option sold on private residence

I have sold an option to buy my house (my residence) to a developer for £20,000. This gives the developer the option to buy my house for £200,000 within the next year. If he goes ahead with the purchase, he will give me the remaining £180,000. If he does not go ahead, I keep the £20,000. Would the option I have sold still be elegible for private residence relief, even if he does not eventually buy the property? If not, how would it be taxed?