Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Foreign employment SA102 & SA100

Thank you for your reply!
  • Foreign employment SA102 & SA100

I have foreign employment in the year 2023-2024, and the compulsory pension fund has been deducted from my salary. For example, my salary is GBP8000 during the period, compulsory pension fund GBP400 has been deducted from my salary. I received GBP7600. May I ask the following questions? 1. in Box 1 of SA102, should I fill in GBP8000 or GBP7600? 2. If I should fill in GBP8000 on SA102, should I fill in GBP400 in Box 4 (payments to an overseas pension scheme) of TR4 on SA100 as a deductible? 3. For donation to non-UK charity ( the same country as my employment income from), should I enter the donation amount in BOX 5 & 6 in page TR4 on SA100? Thank you for your time! Cami
  • RE: Income from Hong Kong Property and life insurance

Dear Admin 21, Thank you very much for your reply! Best,

Thank you for your reply! May I confirm if I should submit the form SA106 for written amendment when i have details? Thank you again!
  • RE: Split Year Treatment, Foreign income, Employment

Dear Admin20, Thank you for your reply! May I confirm if your answer applies to my two posts above? Thanks again!

I have a similar case, I have rental income from Hong Kong Property and I already filed tax return in HK, but HK-IRD will calculate the tax amount around November 2024 which is after the deadline of paper tax return in UK (31 Oct 2024, because I will apply split year Treatment). I like to clarify with you/HMRC, in this case, if I want to claim Tax Credit Relief, I couldn't submit the form SA106 together with my tax return SA100. But I could amend my 23/24 tax return after I paid HK tax. Could you suggest the deadline for amending tax return and what form I should submit? Thank you!
  • RE: Split Year Treatment, Foreign income, Employment

Please find my additional questions as below: 1. Should I need to include UK agency worker income (Tax & NI have been deducted) in SA102 and SA100? 2. UK interest income plus Overseas interest income are still less than GBP1000, should I need to report them in Page TR 3 of SA100? 3. If I don't claim Foreign Tax Relief, I don't need to submit SA106. Am I correct? Thanks again!
  • Split Year Treatment, Foreign income, Employment

I already applied UTR, now I need to apply Split Year Treatment and fill in my return for the year 2023/2024, I have the following income: 1. Worked as an agency worker for a few weeks in the UK, already deducted Tax and NI; 2. UK interest income < GBP100; 3. Overseas interest income < GBP1000 4. Overseas wages; 5. Rents from overseas property May I clarify with you for the correct forms below I should fill in and submit? 1.SA109 for Split Year Treatment 2. SA100 for Tax Return (overall, including UK interest) 3. SA106 for Foreign Income (interest and rents) 4. SA102 for employment in the UK & employment income from overseas (separate for each employment) Thank you for your time!