Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign Income

    Dear HMRC admin, I had resigned my job in Hong Kong in June 2022 and then moved to UK. According to the answers given in this thread, it seems to me that I do not need to declare that Hong Kong salary to UK. However, due to previous misunderstanding, I have declared that I have "foreign income" when I registered self assessment. Today I have received the notice to complete a tax return from HMRC. What should I do to correct the mistake? Do I need to complete the self assessment tax return online even though I do not have any income after moving to UK?