Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Deed of Trust - Transferring Income to Spouse

Thank you Would adding me to the deeds mean I have to pay stamp duty? And if it does , would it mean the enhanced rate of stamp duty as I already own property?
  • RE: Deed of Trust - Transferring Income to Spouse

Good Morning , please see the current circumstances and whether a deed of trust is allowed; Myself and my fiancé intend on getting married in 2027 Her house was her marital house ( divorced in 2019) she remained in the house and owns it with a small mortgage after buying out her ex husband’s share , it’s now only her name on the land registry deeds. When we marry in 2027, she will move in with me and her house will be rented out. In order to avoid her ex getting even more Child Maintenance ( currently she pays him £400 per month) the intention is to obtain a deed of trust that says: She remains the legal owner of her house 100% I’m not making any legal claim on the house and my name will never go on the deeds for it. 100% of the rental income comes to me and I pay all the relevant taxes on it. Then 12-18 months later when she ceases to have to pay child maintenance ( due to the children reaching the age she doesn’t have to pay) the deed is revoked and she assumes all the rent as her income and declares it as such. Can you let us know from a HMRC point of view what forms / documents would be needed to make this fully legal. Just want to make it clear she doesn’t object paying CM if it actually went to their children. But he refuses to buy them clothes / take for haircuts etc , but he seems to enjoy a lot of holidays ( without the children)